Table of Contents

Top stocks that could make me rich in 2022

Technology and Bio-pharma are the fastest growing sectors but which stocks are a buy? Saima Naveed shares her top picks that could make her rich in 2022.

by | Last updated 27 Nov, 2022 | Get financial insights

growing wealth using the stock market

Discover market-beating stock ideas today. Join our Premium investing service to get instant access to analyst opinions, in-depth research, our Moonshot Opportunities, and more. Learn More

Keeping track of stocks with the highest percentage gains or with a consistent upward movement is my best pastime as an investor. By keeping track of these movements, I can adeptly spot changes in investment trends. Taking time to do research is always smart before investing my money. Henceforth, I have compiled a list of stocks that might make me rich in 2022.

IoT continues to rise

InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) is becoming one of the most prominent names in the tech industry’s Internet of Things (IoT) segment. The company’s growth potential can be identified from the fact that in its recent quarter, it reported a 64% increase in revenue compared to the previous quarter. Moreover, the stock of the company is also on a bullish run.

InterDigital’s global footprint coupled with its diversified product portfolio makes it my top pick amongst stocks that will make me rich in 2022. What further boosts my confidence in this stock is its licensing agreements with leading companies like Huawei, Samsung, LG, and Apple. Therefore, I am confident in this stock’s potential growth.

The IoT sector is expected to grow to $1,854bn by 2028, as per Fortune Business Insights. With the projected increase in this sector, the threat of data loss and unauthorized access of devices also increases. A minor glitch in one of the connected devices can put the whole system at risk. Needless to say, that could cause my potential investments to suffer considerably.

A hidden gem in the EV sector

The electric vehicle (EV) and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle manufacturer Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) is my next pick amongst stocks that will make me rich in 2022. With the global economy’s massive shift towards alternative energy power sources for vehicles, EV stocks like Nikola have tremendous opportunities, in my opinion. We all have seen Tesla earn massively from this transition, but there is still a huge market to capture.

In continuance to its current progress, Wall Street analysts have projected an approximate 950% jump in sales in 2022. This is excellent news for investors like me, who have been diligently observing the company’s performance.

No doubt the future projection is enticing. But the news of SEC charging Nikola with fraud has dampened the EV manufacturer’s reputation in the industry. The very hyped Nikola Electric Semi-truck disappointed investors when news about the staged demonstration of the vehicle surfaced. Should it be found guilty, it could send the stock plummeting.

Biotech is becoming the Fastest Growing Sector

Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) became the star performing stock of 2020 with approximately 1,000% growth in one year. The success of its clinical trial of Covid-19 vaccines led to a huge jump in its stock price. It has managed to develop a Covid-Flu combo vaccine, the first of its kind, into clinical trials. With the Covid vaccine market expected to hit $25bn in the next three years, I am confident it is one of those stocks that can make me rich in 2022.

Despite climbing up the ladder, small-cap companies like Novavax face issues of financing when it comes to clinical trials. And they often seek financing through mergers and/or collaborations with big-cap pharma companies. If trial data is as positive as initially expected, the group may struggle to find means of funding its future research.

Could these stocks make me rich in 2022?

Technology and Biopharmaceuticals are some of the fastest-growing sectors. Hence my picks for the stocks that could make me rich in 2022 are from these segments. However, both these industries have considerable risks to consider before jumping in. Personally, I think the recent market downturn presents an excellent opportunity for my portfolio.

Discover market-beating stock ideas today. Join our Premium investing service to get instant access to analyst opinions, in-depth research, our Moonshot Opportunities, and more. Learn More

Saima Naveed does not own shares in any of the companies mentioned. The Money Cog has no position in any of the companies mentioned at the time of writing. Views expressed on the companies, assets and strategies mentioned in this article are those of the writer and therefore may differ from the opinions of analysts in The Money Cog Premium services.

Written By

Saima Naveed

Saima spent the early days of her career advancing the finance office of a prominent manufacturing business. After taking a sabbatical, she decided to use her expert knowledge and apply it to the stock market. Now, 10 years later, she manages a substantial portfolio built using detailed and thorough analysis.

Outside The Money Cog, Saima is an avid supporter of empowering women in the workplace. She is currently working very closely with Women of Wonders Pakistan to help other women achieve their career goals.

Current Holdings

PSX: CENERGY, PSX: FFL, PSX: PCAL, PSX: PKGS, PSX: SHEZ, PSX: SIEM

Edited & Fact Checked By
Zaven Boyrazian MSc

Zaven has worked in several industries throughout his career, from aircraft factories to game development studios. He has been actively investing in the stock market for the better part of a decade, managing over $1 million across multiple portfolios.

Specializing in corporate valuation, Zaven employs a modern take on the principles set out by Benjamin Graham to find new opportunities at fair prices.

Home » Articles » Get financial insights » Top stocks that could make me rich in 2022

Get stock ideas in your lunch break

Discover a path to financial freedom today
Learn More