The Money Cog Ltd. (“The Money Cog”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By visiting, engaging with, or using our website, you acknowledge you have read and understood this Privacy & Cookies policy that should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions.
For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is The Money Cog Ltd. United Kingdom
Information we collect about you
We collect and process the following personal data from you:
Information you give us
- Signing up for our newsletter – When you join our newsletter, we will ask for your email address. We may also ask for your name, surname, and country. We may also capture your IP address.
- Signing up for Content – When you request a report or other content delivered by email, we will ask for your email address. We may also ask for your name, surname, and country. We may also capture your IP address.
- Subscribing to a Premium Subscription – When subscribing to a premium subscription, we need to know additional information, including name, surname, email address, location. We also require payment information when purchasing a paid subscription. We do not store any financial details beyond the PayPal account email address. All transactions and communications with third-party payment portals are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Other Services – We may ask you for additional information when providing special, personalised services, such as text message notifications. Participation in these services is purely voluntary, and therefore such information does not have to be provided if you don’t want to. However, this also means that you will not be able to take advantage of such services if you choose not to share the additional requested information.
Information we collect through our website
- While visiting our website, we may automatically collect certain information about how you are using our website. This information may include the URL you came from, your IP address (or partially anonymised IP address), the pages your visit while on our website, and the time spent on each page.
- If you leave a comment on the website, we collect the data shown in the comments form and your IP address to identify bots and spam.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data in certain circumstances, including:
- Consent – We can collect and process your data with your consent.
- Contractual Obligations – We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations to you as a user of our website or premium services. For example, where you have provided us with your email address, we will use this information to deliver and communicate the desired content you requested effectively.
- Legal Compliance – If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to applicable law enforcement.
- Legitimate Interest – We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests.
How we use your information
We will use your information for our legitimate interests, where we do not override your personal rights, freedom, or interests:
- To provide and maintain our website.
- To perform internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical surveys.
- To provide a safe and secure user experience.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising, we serve you and others.
- To deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To keep you informed about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To keep you informed about our product and services that you have subscribed to.
- To improve our website performance and layout to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for your devices.
- To allow you to interact with the tools & features of our website and services when you choose to do so.
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted by one of the legal bases above, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and provide you with promotional material by email about our products & services.
You can object to further marketing materials at any time by
- Selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our marketing emails.
- Sending an email to [email protected]
Where your information is stored
The data that we collect from you is transferred to and may be stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that is not subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- To securely store it
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- To facilitate our business’s operation, where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, and where your rights, freedoms, and interests are not compromised.
How long do we retain your information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil any legal obligations and contractual obligations to you. For example, if you are subscribed to one of our premium services, we need to retain your information for as long as you remain subscribed in order to provide our services to you.
Any personal information that we hold concerning our contractual obligations to you as a subscriber of one of our premium services will be held for a minimum of five years following the date and cancellation of your subscription. Comments made on our website are stored indefinitely but can be removed by you at any time.
We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate data.
Cookies and other technologies
Here is the complete list of cookies that we set when you visit TheMoneyCog.com.
|PHPSESSID||Used by our website servers to manage your browsing session|
|_ga||Used to measure how visitors use our website (Google Analytics)|
|_gat||Used to throttled request rates to prevent repeated requests|
|_gid||Used to measure how visitors use our website (Google Universal Analytics)|
|_lscashe||Used to improve website performance|
|wordpress_logged_in_[identifier]||Used to determine whether you are logged in or not|
|wordpress_sec_[identifier]||Used to store information related to secure authentication of your session|
|DoubleClick||Used to display targeted advertisements that are relevant to you.|
|spu_conversion_[identifier]||Used to determine if you have clicked on a pop-up|
|spu_closing_[identifier]||Used to determine if you have closed a pop-up|
Content published on the website may include embedded content from third-party services, such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google. Embedded content from other website behaves in the same manner as it would if you were visiting their website directly.
Removal of cookie data
You can modify your browser to reject or notify you when cookies are sent to it. For more information, please visit: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
If you would like to remove Google Analytics and DoubleClick cookies, please go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/, respectively. You should be aware that this will affect your Google cookies on all websites and not just ours.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not give, rent, lend, or sell individual information to any third party. Furthermore, we will not disclose any information about individual users, except as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers – We employ third-party providers’ services to aid us in certain aspects of our operations. For example, the distribution of email products or conducting a survey for us. Depending on the type of service, some user information may be provided. These third-party providers are all subject to confidentiality agreements that limit their use and disclosure of all information they obtain through their relationship with us, consistent with this policy.
- Legal Requests – We may disclose your personally identifiable information to protect the rights and property of The Money Cog as well as comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide and we collect is stored on secure servers. Access to paid-for areas of the website, such as our Premium areas, is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmission to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Updating your information or Closing your account
You can modify your account information from the “My Account” area after signing into our website. You can also cancel any active subscriptions from this area of the website as well.
If you wish to close your account permanently, please contact us at [email protected]
Minors under the age of 18
The website is intended for use only by individuals who are at least 18 years old. By using this website, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement.
If you are younger than 18 years old, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before providing personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Changes to this Privacy & Cookies Policy
We may amend this Privacy & Cookies Policy in the future. If we may any changes to this policy, we will announce it on our website and notify you by email if you have provided it to us.
You have the right under certain circumstances to:
- Request a copy of your personal information held by us.
- Request the erasure of any personal information held by us.
- Request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to any further processing of your personal information, including the right to object to marketing materials.
- Request that your provided personal information be moved to a third party.
- Withdraw consent to process any of your personal information by us based on consent. You may do this at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
If your request is unsatisfactorily resolved by us, you may contact your local data protection authority. The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK. It can provide further information about your rights and our obligations concerning your personal information and deal with any complaints you have about our processing of your personal information. To learn more please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this privacy & cookies policy, please send an email to [email protected].
This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last updated on 29/04/2021.